homehercontact i believe

5.02.2016

not everyone is going to like you & that is okay // my longest post yet

i promise this is worth the read :)

i am the youngest of six kids

my mom kind of did everything for me growing up

she is the best <3

i have always been very loved and some may called it very spoiled

oops

*********************************************************************************

i have always been best friends with boys

i have always been more comfortable around a group of guys rather than a group of girls

that made a lot of people jealous

i grew up playing soccer

when i was 9 i was recruited to play for a U9 competition soccer team

i made it and i was the only girl in the entire league

the whole season i had several assists

i got teased a lot

and pushed a lot

but i learned to push back

i scored one goal

the goalie cried and pretended that i stepped on his fingers

he certainly didn't like that

because a little blonde girl with two french braids scored on him

my coach liked that

*********************************************************************************


when i turned 12 my mom said i couldn't play with the boys anymore

i started playing on a rec soccer team with girls called the silver bullets

we were decent

but most of the girls were still scared of the ball

i was fast and pretty aggressive so i scored a lot

most of the girls didn't like that

i got bored pretty fast and my mom did too

so i quit

my coach really didn't like that


*********************************************************************************



she told me to start taking gymnastics

i was decent and caught on really quickly

but i was terrified of the beam and the vault

when i was 13 i hit my back really hard on the vault

i competed as a level 4 but my tumbling and bar ability was easily level 5

but i couldn't do a cartwheel on the beam nor a front handspring on the vault

so i quit

a lot of people didn't like that

then i started tumbling

then my coach saw my potential and told me to try out for cheer

i didn't want to because i did sixth grade cheer and was terrible

i didn't make the cheer squad in seventh grade 

it was so embarrassing

i started cheering on a competition team

i had an awesome coach that really believed in me

she worked with me more than others

i was really good at tumbling

a lot of girls didn't like that

i competed on the lower level team because i didn't have the cheer skills yet

in a year i excelled because of my coaches and support from my mom

i learned a lot and worked really hard for my spot

the next year i made the level 4 team

a lot of girls were mad about that

our team was really successful and we got first at nationals in vegas

our team was called platinum and we got cool jackets

the other team didn't like that

*********************************************************************************

in high school i was the girl that always had a boyfriend

i somehow convinced nate w to like me and we dated for like 9 months or something

we broke up and i went psycho over my first heartbreak

it took me a long time to get over it

then the summer before my junior year i got asked on my first date by THEE tanner thelin a week after i turned 16

my best friend didn't like that 

then i started dating tanners best friend, nate a

tanner didn't like that

then nate and i broke up

pretty soon after tanner and i started dating

nate didn't like that

tanner and i dated the rest of the school year

we were pretty cute and had a lot of fun

we broke up and it was pretty bad

a lot of my friends didn't like that

we kissed again that summer when we were broken up

our friends didn't like that

*********************************************************************************
my senior year i started dating tanner e

and most people didn't like that

he wasn't the greatest kid

then i got to know him better and really liked him

a lot of people said i changed him

his mom really liked that

we dated my whole senior year and had a blast #coupleoftheyear

we broke up

and a lot of people hated that

we got in a big fight and i hated him for like a week

it was really awkward all summer and at his farewell before his mission

we left on weird terms

i didn't like that

then a few months in i wrote him a letter and he wrote me back

then we kind of got back together after that and he was my missionary

everyone liked that

*********************************************************************************
i went on my mission

a lot of people liked that

tanner and i kind of stopped talking because we got busy on our missions

we didn't really like that but we understood

tanner was my best friend and biggest supporter through it all

i really appreciated that

we both loved our missions

we both learned a lot

we ended up coming home a week apart

that freaked me out because we hadn't talked in awhile

i didn't like that

i saw him the week he got home randomly at a concert

he gave me a high five and it was so awkward

definitely didn't like that

we didn't talk until thanksgiving

we went on a date to SLC and relived all our high school memories

i liked that

we kissed again

then we talked about getting back together

but it was confusing and really fast

the timing was wrong

but we kept talking like friends

and i liked that

then i moved to logan and he moved to provo

we didn't like that

then we decided to go our separate ways

i didn't like it but in the long run it was for the better

*********************************************************************************
one of my roommates hated me from the beginning

i still have no idea why

we both have strong personalities but in different ways

we shared a bathroom and apparently i left out my q-tips?

she didn't like that

i moved her loofah to her shower basket

she didn't like that

i ate her cheerios when i was throwing up all over the bathroom because they were on the counter

she didn't like that

i used her charger but it didn't work and she said i broke it

i bought her a new one just in case and apologized

i got yelled at a lot

i didn't like that

i cried a lot and felt super bad

i didn't like that

but my daddy always taught me to stand up for myself

so i did

she didn't like that


but then i realized . . .

not everyone is going to like you and that is 100% okay

but it is ALWAYS better and easier to

1. be kind
2. be forgiving
3. tell the truth

also something i learned big time on my mission is to pick your battles

sometimes my roommate bothered me too, but you know what? 

bringing up to her that i hated the messes she left in the kitchen, how she took over the entire living room, how her sister rang our doorbell 500 times all hours of the day, how her siblings were soooo loud and woke me up one saturday morning and so on and so forth

i didn't think she was worth the fight

so i didn't say anything

because bottom line . . .

everybody does something is that going to annoy somebody

but it's best to pick your battles

and freaking listen to elsa and let it go

it's not fair to bully your roommates and make it to the point that i was scared to go out of my room because i knew i would get yelled at

again

and when i begged her to stop and she wouldn't

and i started balling my eyes out

and she kept yelling at me

and i tried to be civil

and she kept yelling

so i stood up for myself

and said some things i probably shouldn't have

but sometimes you just have to realize that not everyone is going to like you and that is okay


*********************************************************************************


this was the hardest, most heartbreaking, stressful, frustrating semester of my life

i had so many lows

and so many highs

so many great friends

and so many new friends

and experiences

and im grateful my daddy taught me to stand up for myself

sometimes you have to fight for what you want

because of it i got my regents scholarship back

most importantly it is important to work hard

and have courage

and be kind

cinderella knows whats up

rant over


just remember that 

not everyone is going to like you and that is okay

* mic drop *

lol

No comments:

Post a Comment